This curriculum prepares you for employment in medical and other health-care related offices.
Employment opportunities are available in medical and dental offices, hospitals, insurance companies, laboratories, medical supply companies, and other health-care related organizations
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate effective use of computer software applications to perform office functions related to medical office administration.
- Demonstrate proper use of terminology and effective communication techniques related to medical office administration.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Identify professional, ethical and social issues related to medical office administration.
- Demonstrate the ability to define a problem, identify possible solutions, and develop and implement solutions to issues arising in a business setting.
Gaston College Business and Information Technology Associate Degree Programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).