The Healthcare Business Informatics curriculum prepares you for employment as a specialist in installation, data management, data archiving/retrieval, system design and support, and computer training for medical information systems.
Graduates should qualify for employment as database/data warehouse analysts, technical support professionals, informatics technology professionals, systems analysts, networking and security technicians, and computer maintenance professionals in the healthcare field.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the proper use of terminology in relation to Information Technology and Health Care.
- Be able to identify legal, ethical, social, and security issues related to Information Technology and Health Care.
- Be able to recognize the network relationship in a healthcare environment including application design, database design, clients and servers.
- Utilize effective communication techniques in a Health Care and Information Technology setting
- Demonstrate ability to define a problem, identify possible solutions and develop and implement solutions to issues arising in a Health Care and Information Technology setting.