This curriculum prepares you for entry-level positions in legal or government-related offices and provides professional development for the currently employed.
Graduates should qualify for employment in corporate legal departments; private practices, including real estate and estate planning; and city, state, and federal government offices. With appropriate work experience, you may apply for certification as a Professional Legal Secretary (PLS).
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate effective use of computer software applications to perform office functions related to legal office administration.
- Demonstrate proper use of terminology and effective communication techniques related to legal office administration.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Identify professional, ethical, and social issues related to legal office administration.
- Demonstrate the ability to define a problem, identify possible solutions, and develop and implement solutions to issues arising in a business setting.
Gaston College Business and Information Technology Associate Degree Programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).