Jun 28, 2022
The Esthetics Instructor curriculum provides a course of study covering the skills needed to teach the theory and practices of esthetics, as required by the North Carolina State Board of Cosmetology. Course work includes all phases of esthetics theory laboratory instruction. Graduates should be prepared to take the North Carolina Cosmetology State Board Esthetics Instructor Licensing Exam, and upon passing, be qualified for employment in a cosmetology or esthetics school.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Identify theories of education and develop lesson plans for an active learning environment.
- Deliver classroom instruction in an active learning environment.
- Demonstrate supervisory techniques to effectively oversee students in a clinical setting.
- Assess student performance in a classroom setting to meet the NC Board of Cosmetic Arts standards.
- Keep accurate records of student performances in a clinical setting.
Students applying for admission to the Gaston College Esthetics Instructor Certificate Program MUST meet all Gaston College admission requirements for GENERAL ADMISSION to the college.
- Submit a Gaston College Application
- Complete Residency Determination for in-state tuition
- Apply for financial aid
- Meet with an advisor / Attend an information session
- Submit official transcripts
- Provide proof of course placement requirements
Additional requirements to be eligible to submit an application to the Esthetics Program
- Applicants must have a valid Cosmetology or Esthetics license.
- Must have an overall grade point average of 2.0 or better in required college courses.
- Must have grades of “C” or better in all related courses.
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from all clinical, laboratory and class activities.
Gaston College Esthetics Instructor Certificate program is licensed by the NC Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners.
Upon completion of these requirements the student is eligible for a certificate and may apply for the State Board of Cosmetic Arts examination. Upon successfully passing the State Board exam, graduates will be issued a teaching certificate.