The Data Analytics and Database Management track prepares graduates for employment with organizations that use database management system software to process, manage, analyze, synthesize, and communicate information.
Coursework includes terminology and design, database administration, analytics, backup and recovery, performance, database programming and tools, and related topics. Students will have the opportunity to implement, support, manage, and analyze industry standard database systems.
Graduates should qualify for a wide variety of database and computer related entry-level positions that involve the collection and analysis of data.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the proper use of terminology in relation to data analytics and database management.
- Identify legal, ethical, social, and security issues related to data analytics and database management.
- Demonstrate the ability to design, manage, and maintain database systems.
- Utilize database systems to analyze, process, manage, synthesize, and communicate information.
- Create effective data analytics and database management documentation.
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) recognizes the Information Technology-Data Analytics and Database Management Associate in Applied Science Degree for accreditation.