2012-2013 Gaston College Catalog [THIS CATALOG IS OUT-OF-DATE. USE THE CURRENT CATALOG TO FIND CURRENT PROGRAMS.]
Web Technologies, A.A.S. (A25290)
The Web Technologies curriculum prepares graduates for careers in the information technology arena using computers and distributed computing to disseminate and collect information via the web.
Course work in this program covers the terminology and use of computers, network devices, networks, servers, databases, applications, programming languages, as well as web applications, site development, and design. Studies will provide opportunity for students to learn related industry standards.
Graduates should qualify for career opportunities as designers, administrators, or developers in the areas of web applications, websites, web services, and related areas of distributed computing.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will demonstrate the proper use of terminology in relation to information technologies.
- Students will be able to identify legal, ethical, social, and security issues related to web technologies.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to utilize proper design techniques for web development.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to utilize appropriate tools for Web development.
- Students will be able to understand the relationship between hardware, systems software, servers and applications software.
- Students will be able to integrate various tools and concepts to produce a functioning web site.
Gaston College Business and Information Technology Associate Degree Programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).