This curriculum prepares individuals for employment in medical and other health-care related offices.
Course work will include medical terminology, information systems, office management, medical coding, billing and insurance, legal and ethical issues, and formatting and word processing. Students will learn administrative and support functions and develop skills applicable in medical environments.
Employment opportunities are available in medical and dental offices, hospitals, insurance companies, laboratories, medical supply companies, and other health-care related organizations.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Students will demonstrate effective use of computer software applications to perform office functions related to medical office administration.
- Students will demonstrate proper use of terminology and effective communication techniques related to medical office administration.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to manage working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Students will be able to identify professional, ethical and social issues related to medical office administration.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to define a problem, identify possible solutions, and develop and implement solutions to issues arising in a business setting.
Gaston College Business and Information Technology Associate Degree Programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).