2017-18 Gaston College Catalog [THIS CATALOG IS OUT-OF-DATE. USE THE CURRENT CATALOG TO FIND CURRENT PROGRAMS.]
Industrial Systems Technology Diploma (D50240)
The Industrial Systems Technology curriculum is designed to prepare or upgrade individuals to service, maintain, repair or install equipment for a wide range of industries. Instruction includes the theory and skill training needed for inspecting, testing, troubleshooting, and diagnosing industrial equipment and physical facilities.
Students will learn technical skills in blueprint reading, electricity, hydraulics/pneumatics, machining, welding, and various maintenance procedures. Practical application in these industrial systems will be emphasized and additional advanced course work may be offered.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Be able to safely inspect, test, install, repair and replace industrial fluid power systems.
- Demonstrate fluid, electrical, mechanical and PLC programming skills.
- Use relevant testing instruments, software programs, and observation techniques to trouble shoot components/and or equipment.
- Be able to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, and PLC diagrams and blueprints.
- Students should be able to demonstrate knowledge of a safe workplace.