2017-18 Gaston College Catalog [THIS CATALOG IS OUT-OF-DATE. USE THE CURRENT CATALOG TO FIND CURRENT PROGRAMS.]
Information Technology - Digital Media, A.A.S. (A25590DM)
The Digital Media track prepares students for entry-level jobs in the digital design, multimedia, and Web technologies industry. Students learn to synthesize multimedia, graphics, hypertext, programming, and information architecture using both Internet and non-network-based media.
Students develop skills in communication, critical thinking, and problem solving, as well as interface design, multimedia formats, application programming, and data architecture. The curriculum develops technical skills through practical applications that employ current and emerging standards and technologies.
Graduates should qualify for employment as Web designers, graphic artists/designers, multimedia specialists, Web developers, Web content specialists, interface designers, and many jobs yet to be defined in this expanding field.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the proper use of terminology in relation to information technologies.
- Identify legal, ethical, social, and security issues related to web technologies.
- Utilize proper design techniques for web development.
- Utilize appropriate tools for Web development.
- Identify the relationship between hardware, systems software, servers and applications software.
- Integrate various tools and concepts to produce a functioning web site.
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) recognizes the Information Technology-Digital Media Associate in Applied Science Degree for accreditation.