This curriculum prepares individuals for employment in medical and other health-care related offices.
Course work will include medical terminology; information systems; office management; medical coding, billing and insurance; legal and ethical issues; and formatting and word processing. Students will learn administrative and support functions and develop skills applicable in medical environments.
Employment opportunities are available in medical and dental offices, hospitals, insurance companies, laboratories, medical supply companies, and other health-care related organizations.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Utilize computer software applications to perform office functions related to medical office administration.
- Demonstrate proper use of terminology and effective communication techniques related to medical office administration.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Identify and gain skills in mastery of the interview process.
- Define a problem, identify possible solutions, and develop and implement solutions to issues arising in a medical setting.
Gaston College Business and Information Technology Associate Degree Programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).