Pending approval for aid eligibility.
These curriculums are designed to prepare individuals to apply technical knowledge and skills to the fields of architecture, construction, construction management, and other associated professions.
Course work includes instruction in sustainable building and design, print reading, building codes, estimating construction materials and methods, and other topics related to design and construction occupations.
Graduates of this pathway should qualify for entry-level jobs in architectural, engineering, construction and trades professions and as well as positions in industry and government.
The Architectural Technology curriculum prepares individuals with knowledge and skills that can lead to employment in the field of architecture or one of the associated professions.
A program that prepares individuals to assist architects, engineers, and construction professionals in developing plans and related documentation for residential and commercial projects in both the private and public sectors. Includes instruction in architectural drafting, computer-assisted drafting, construction materials and methods, environmental systems, codes and standards, structural principles, cost estimation, planning, graphics, and presentation.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate CAD skills using Industry-standard software commensurate with an AEC project.
- Interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and understanding of building codes and their applications to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of the building occupants.
- Communicate technical/design information clearly and professionally to peers, supervisors, and clients.
- Communicate clearly and professionally in both written and oral communications using positive interpersonal skills including but not limited to, empathy, active listening, and flexibility.
- Apply math skills commensurate with performing basic structural calculations and material take offs.
- Apply general computer skills: word processing, spreadsheets, file management, and other programs as applied to architectural work.
- Work as a team member by demonstrating good communication skills, cooperation, and providing a supportive environment.