2015-2016 Gaston College Catalog [THIS CATALOG IS OUT-OF-DATE. USE THE CURRENT CATALOG TO FIND CURRENT PROGRAMS.]
Web Technologies, A.A.S. (A25290)
The Web Technologies curriculum prepares graduates for careers in the information technology arena using computers and mobile devices to disseminate and collect information via the Internet.
Course work in this program covers the terminology and use of computers, Internet-ready devices, servers, databases, programming languages, as well as Internet applications, site development and design. Studies will provide opportunity for students to learn related industry standards.
Graduates should qualify for career opportunities as designers, administrators, or developers in the areas of Internet and mobile applications, websites, web services, and related areas of Internet technologies.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the proper use of terminology in relation to information technologies.
- Identify legal, ethical, social, and security issues related to web technologies.
- Utilize proper design techniques for web development.
- Utilize appropriate tools for Web development.
- Identify the relationship between hardware, systems software, servers and applications software.
- Integrate various tools and concepts to produce a functioning web site.
Gaston College Business and Information Technology Associate Degree Programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).