The Office Administration curriculum prepares individuals for positions in administrative support careers. It equips office professionals to respond to the demands of a dynamic computerized workplace.
Students will complete courses designed to develop proficiency in the use of integrated software, oral and written communication, analysis and coordination of office duties and systems, and other support topics. Emphasis is placed on non-technical as well as technical skills.
Graduates should qualify for employment in a variety of positions in business, government, and industry. Job classifications range from entry-level to supervisor to middle management.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Utilize computer software applications to perform office functions related to office administration.
- Demonstrate proper use of terminology and effective communication techniques related to office administration.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Identify and gain skills in mastery of the interview process.
- Define a problem, identify possible solutions, and develop and implement solutions to issues arising in a business setting.
Gaston College Business and Information Technology Associate Degree Programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).