Information Systems Security covers a broad expanse of technology concepts. This curriculum provides individuals with the skills required to implement effective and comprehensive information security controls.
Course work includes networking technologies, operating systems administration, information policy, intrusion detection, security administration, and industry best practices to protect data communications.
Graduates should be prepared for employment as security administrators. Additionally, they will acquire the skills that allow them to pursue security certifications.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate the proper use of terminology in relation to information technology.
- Identify legal, ethical, social, and security issues related to information systems security.
- Install, manage, and maintain workstation and server operating system software.
- Setup and install the hardware for a computer network.
- Create plans for intrusion detection solutions and identify best practices for the defense of systems.