Dec 13, 2018
ENG 111 Writing and Inquiry (3 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 0
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
Prerequisites: ENG 090 and RED 090 or DRE 098
This course is designed to develop the ability to produce clear writing in a variety of genres and formats using a recursive process. Emphasis includes inquiry, analysis, effective use of rhetorical strategies, thesis development, audience awareness, and revision. Upon completion, students should be able to produce unified, coherent, well-developed essays using standard written English.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate writing as a recursive process.
- Demonstrate writing and inquiry in context using different rhetorical strategies to reflect, analyze, explain, and persuade in a variety of genres and formats.
- Students will reflect upon and explain their writing strategies.
- Demonstrate the critical use and examination of printed, digital, and visual materials.
- Locate, evaluate, and incorporate relevant sources with proper documentation.
- Compose texts incorporating rhetorically effective and conventional use of language.
- Collaborate actively in a writing community.
This course has been identified as a Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC) course under the North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement.
[Add to Portfolio]