Jun 05, 2023
AHR 112 Heating Technology (4 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 4
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
This course covers the fundamentals of heating including oil, gas, and electric heating systems. Topics include safety, tools and instrumentation, system operating characteristics, installation techniques, efficiency testing, electrical power, and control systems. Upon completion, students should be able to explain the basic oil, gas, and electrical heating systems and describe the major components of a heating system.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate safe practices and procedures with tools, materials, and industry accepted test equipment covered in the course.
- Use industry terminology to describe principles for oil, gas, and electric warm air heating systems.
- Identify the major components of oil, gas, and electric heating systems.
- Install and start-up warm air heating systems.
- Identify various types of energy sources used in heating and describe the individual characteristics of each.
- Describe service procedures for heating systems.
- Use tools and instruments necessary to troubleshoot and test system efficiency.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)