Nov 28, 2023
ELC 112 DC/AC Electricity (5 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 6
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
This course introduces the fundamental concepts of and computations related to DC/AC electricity. Emphasis is placed on DC/AC circuits, components, operation of test equipment; and other related topics. Upon completion, students should be able to construct, verify, and analyze simple DC/AC circuits.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate safe practices and procedures with tools, materials, and industry accepted test equipment covered in the course.
- Demonstrate appropriate use of test equipment, evaluate circuit performance and apply appropriate troubleshooting techniques to electrical circuits.
- Construct and analyze series, parallel and combinations circuits using appropriate components.
- Use appropriate laws and formulas to perform circuit calculations.
- Interpret electrical schematics.
- Describe the characteristics of various power sources.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)