Dec 01, 2021
TRN 120 Basic Transp Electricity (5 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 4
Lab Hours: 3
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
This course covers basic electrical theory, wiring diagrams, test equipment, and diagnosis, repair and replacement of batteries, starters, and alternators. Topics include Ohm’s Law, circuit construction, wiring diagrams, circuit testing, and basic troubleshooting. Upon completion, students should be able to properly use wiring diagrams, diagnose, test, and repair basic wiring, battery, starting, charging, and electrical concerns.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate work place safety related to transportation electrical systems.
- Interpret and apply wiring diagram information on a transportation vehicle electrical system.
- Demonstrate the proper use of electrical diagnostic test equipment.
- Use Ohm’s law to calculate the value of any of the following given the values of the remaining variables:
* Voltage (V)
* Resistance (R)
* Amperage (A)
- Given a transportation vehicle with a fault in the battery, starting, and charging system, students will be able to perform successful diagnosis and repairs.
- Demonstrate the ability to obtain appropriate service information on electrical circuit construction.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)