FIP 240 Fire Service Supervision (3 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 0
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
This course covers supervisory skills and practices in the fire protection field. Topics include the supervisor's job, supervision skills, the changing work environment, managing change, organizing for results, discipline and grievances, and safety. Upon completion, students should be able to demonstrate an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of effective fire service supervision, meeting elements of NFPA 1021.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Describe the importance and necessity of supervisory skills and practices within the fire protection and emergency services.
2. Develop disciplinary action plan.
3. Demonstrate the process for dealing with a grievance.
4. Demonstrate an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of effective fire service supervision.
5. Administer an employee performance evaluation.
[Add to Portfolio]