FIP 224 Fire Instructor I & II (4 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 4
Lab Hours: 0
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
This course covers the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to train others in fire service operations. Topics include planning, presenting, and evaluating lesson plans, learning styles, use of media, communication, and other related topics. Upon completion, students should be able to meet the requirements of the Fire Instructor I and II objectives from National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1041.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Describe the skills and abilities needed to train others in the fire service.
2. Develop a lesson plan for a selected topic.
3. Demonstrate an educational program for delivery to a defined audience.
4. Identify safety considerations in various fire safety training scenarios and make appropriate provisions for a safe learning environment.
5. Demonstrate utilization of different types of media in an educational environment.
[Add to Portfolio]