ELC 128 Intro to PLC (3 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 3
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
This course introduces the programmable logic controller (PLC) and its associated applications. Topics include ladder logic diagrams, input/output modules, power supplies, surge protection, selection/installation of controllers, and interfacing of controllers with equipment. Upon completion, students should be able to understand basic PLC systems and create simple programs.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Identify and demonstrate safe practices and procedures with tools, materials and industry accepted test equipment covered in the course.
2. List and describe the hardware components used in PLC systems.
3. Utilize numbering systems as applied to PLCs.
4. Demonstrate and describe the use of various PLC instruction sets.
5. Create various simple PLC programs using the appropriate instruction set.
6. Apply appropriate troubleshooting methods to PLCs.
[Add to Portfolio]