BTC 181 Basic Lab Techniques (4 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 3
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
Prerequisites: Take RED 090 ENG 090 or DRE 098
This course introduces the basic skills and knowledge necessary in a biological or chemical laboratory. Emphasis is placed on good manufacturing practices, safety, solution preparation, and equipment operation and maintenance following standard operating procedures. Upon completion, students should be able to prepare and perform basic laboratory procedures using labware, solutions, and equipment according to prescribed protocols.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety precautions in the laboratory.
- Solve mathematical and statistical problems as they apply to the lab.
- Demonstrate the proper operation of standard laboratory equipment.
- Demonstrate calibration of both top-loading and analytical balances.
- Illustrate a Standard Operating Procedure.
[Add to Portfolio]