FIP 276 Managing Fire Services (3 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 0
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
This course provides an overview of fire department operative services referenced in NFPA standard 1021. Topics include finance, staffing, equipment, code enforcement,management information, specialized services, legal issues, planning, and other related topics. Upon completion, students should be able to understand concepts and apply fire department management and operations principles.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Define the standards of efficiency and optimization.
2. Define the framework of management and planning in the fire service.
3. Develop management policies and plans for fire prevention and investigation practices.
4. Explain the concepts of human resource management of public organizations.
5. Explain how modern fire services function as all-hazards organizations.
[Add to Portfolio]