FIP 252 Apparatus Spec & Purch (3 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 0
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
This course covers specification and purchase of fire apparatus referenced in NFPA standard 1901. Emphasis is placed on NFPA's standards for apparatus, recommended types of fire apparatus, purchase, and bidding procedures, and the importance of specifications. Upon completion, students should be able to make internal decisions, write specifications, and make recommendations for the purchase of major capital equipment.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Develop an apparatus specification sheet.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of bidding processes for capital expenditures.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of the budgeting process as it relates to capital outlays.
4. Discuss why safety must be a primary consideration in the design of the apparatus and equipment.
5. Develop a proposal to stakeholders for approval of apparatus purchase.
[Add to Portfolio]