FIP 228 Local Govt Finance (3 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 0
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
This course introduces local governmental financial principles and practices. Topics include budget preparation and justification, revenue policies, statutory requirements, audits, and the economic climate. Upon completion, students should be able to comprehend the importance of finance as it applies to the operations of a department.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Define the types of budgets and typical usage for each type.
2. Define and describe the different types of revenue fire departments receive including the advantages and disadvantages of each.
3. Develop and present a budget for a capital outlay.
4. Prepare a budget and written justification for the budget for presentation.
5. Define basic finance and budgeting principles in relation to governmental agencies.
Add to Portfolio