FIP 152 Fire Protection Law (3 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 0
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
This course covers fire protection law as referenced in NFPA standard 1. Topics include legal terms, contracts, liability, review of case histories, and other related topics. Upon completion, students should be able to discuss laws, codes, and ordinances as they relate to fire protection.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Define and describe the different types of laws within various levels of government.
2. Explain the purpose of national codes and standards.
3. Define and describe liability and negligence as it applies to fire and emergency services.
4. Discuss applicable court decisions influencing emergency services.
5. Explain current and emerging legal issues affecting emergency service delivery.
Add to Portfolio