FIP 140 Industrial Fire Protection (3 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 0
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
This course covers fire protection systems in industrial facilities referenced in NFPA standard 1. Topics include applicable health and safety standards, insurance carrier regulations, other regulatory agencies, hazards of local industries, fire brigade operation, and loss prevention programs. Upon completion, students should be able to plan and evaluation an industrial facility's fire protection program.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Describe applicable health and safety standards as they relate to industrial fire protection.
2. Develop a loss prevention program.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of regulations and agencies that impact fire protection in industrial facilities.
4. Demonstrate the ability to develop and evaluate a plan for an industrial building.
5. Demonstrate knowledge of an organization and use of a fire brigade.
[Add to Portfolio]