FIP 136 Inspections & Codes (3 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 0
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
This course covers the fundamentals of fire and building codes and procedures to conduct an inspection referenced in NFPA standard 1730. Topics include review of fire and building codes, writing inspection reports, identifying hazards, plan reviews, site sketches, and other related topics. Upon completion, students should be able to conduct a fire code compliance inspection and produce a written report.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Describe the relationship of fire and building codes as they relate to a community.
2. Define the elements of a fire inspection program including application and the interpretation of codes, standards, and recommended practices.
3. Demonstrate an understanding of the code adoption process and the basis for each jurisdiction to enact such codes and regulations.
4. Demonstrate the ability to conduct a fire code compliance inspection and produce a written report.
5. Review a building drawing and identify fire systems.
Add to Portfolio