FIP 124 Fire Prevention & Public Ed (3 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 0
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
This course introduces fire prevention concepts as they relate to community and industrial operations referenced in NFPA standard 101. Topics include the development and maintenance of fire prevention programs, educational programs, and inspection programs. Upon completion, students should be able to research, develop, and present a fire safety program to a citizens or industrial group.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Describe the relationship of fire prevention as it relates to the community.
2. Demonstrate an educational program for delivery to a defined audience.
3. Demonstrate the ability to gather research about fire deaths in the United States and knowledge of how fire prevention impacts this data.
4. Describe inspection practices and procedures.
5. Define the laws, rules, regulations, and codes and identify those relevant to fire prevention of the authority having jurisdictions.
Add to Portfolio