FIP 120 Intro to Fire Protection (3 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 0
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
This course provides an overview of the development, methods, systems and regulations that apply to the fire protection field. Topics include history, evolution, statistics, suppression, organizations, careers, curriculum, and related subjects. Upon completion, students should be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of the fire protection field.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Illustrate and explain the history and culture of the fire service.
2. Discuss and describe the scope, purpose, and organizational structure of fire and emergency services.
3. Identify protection and emergency-service careers in both the public and private sector.
4. Describe the importance of wellness and fitness as it relates to emergency services.
5. Identify the primary responsibilities of fire prevention personnel including: code enforcement, public information, and public and private fire protection systems.
Add to Portfolio