ENG 111 Writing and Inquiry (3 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 0
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
Prerequisites: Take One Set: Set 1: ENG 090 and RED 090 * Set 2: ENG-095* Set 3: DRE 098
*These are archived courses which are no longer available for enrollment. They will be removed in Summer 2015.
This course is designed to develop the ability to produce clear writing in a variety of genres and formats using a recursive process. Emphasis includes inquiry, analysis, effective use of rhetorical strategies, thesis development, audience awareness, and revision. Upon completion, students should be able to produce unified, coherent, well-developed essays using standard written English.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate writing as a recursive process.
2. Demonstrate writing and inquiry in context using different rhetorical strategies to reflect, analyze, explain, and persuade in a variety of genres and formats.
3. Students will reflect upon and explain their writing strategies.
4. Demonstrate the critical use and examination of printed, digital, and visual materials.
5. Locate, evaluate, and incorporate relevant sources with proper documentation.
6. Compose texts incorporating rhetorically effective and conventional use of language.
7. Collaborate actively in a writing community.
This course has been identified as a Universal General Education Transfer Component (UGETC) course under the North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)