Apr 08, 2020
ELC 131 Circuit Analysis I (4 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 3
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
Corequisites: Take MAT 121 or MAT 171
This course introduces DC and AC electricity with an emphasis on circuit analysis, measurements, and operation of test equipment. Topics include DC and AC principles, circuit analysis laws and theorems, components, test equipment operation, circuit simulation, and other related topics. Upon completion, students should be able to interpret circuit schematics; design, construct, verify, and analyze DC/AC circuits; and properly use test equipment.
·Student Learning Outcomes
1. Identify and describe the operation of components used in DC/AC circuits.
2. Apply math formulas and circuit theorems in the analyses of DC/AC Circuits.
3. Locate and select DC/AC devices using component specifications based on circuit requirements.
4. Construct series, parallel and combination circuits.
5. Select and demonstrate the use of appropriate test equipment to analyze circuit operation.
6. Using appropriate troubleshooting techniques evaluate circuit performance applying suitable repair methods.
7. Identify and demonstrate safe workplace practices.
Add to Portfolio