ELC 115 Industrial Wiring (4 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 6
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
This course covers layout, planning, and installation of wiring systems in industrial facilities. Emphasis is placed on industrial wiring methods and materials. Upon completion, students should be able to install industrial systems and equipment.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Identify and demonstrate safe practices and procedures with tools, materials and industry accepted test equipment covered in the course.
2. Demonstrate appropriate use of test equipment, evaluate circuit performance and apply appropriate troubleshooting techniques to industrial electrical circuits.
3. Draw, plan, and interpret electrical plans and symbols used in industrial applications.
4. Identify, size, and install wiring and electrical distribution equipment and devices associated with industrial electrical installations in accordance with the National Electrical Code.
5. Recognize and demonstrate appropriate use of tools and materials that are used in industrial wiring.
Add to Portfolio