ELC 112 DC/AC Electricity (5 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 3
Lab Hours: 6
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
This course introduces the fundamental concepts of and computations related to DC/AC electricity. Emphasis is placed on DC/AC circuits, components, operation of test equipment; and other related topics. Upon completion, students should be able to construct, verify, and analyze simple DC/AC circuits.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate safe practices and procedures with tools, materials, and industry accepted test equipment covered in the course.
2. Demonstrate appropriate use of test equipment, evaluate circuit performance and apply appropriate troubleshooting techniques to electrical circuits.
3. Construct and analyze series, parallel and combinations circuits using appropriate components.
4. Use appropriate laws and formulas to perform circuit calculations.
5. Interpret electrical schematics.
6. Describe the characteristics of various power sources.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)