AHR 114 Heat Pump Technology (4 Credit Hours)
Class Hours: 2
Lab Hours: 4
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
Prerequisites: Take One: AHR 110 or AHR 113
This course covers the principles of air source and water source heat pumps. Emphasis is placed on safety, modes of operation, defrost systems, refrigerant charging, and system performance. Upon completion, students should be able to understand and analyze system performance and perform routine service procedures.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate safe practices and procedures with tools, materials, and industry accepted test equipment covered in the course.
2. Diagram refrigerant flow through a heat pump in both the heating and cooling mode identifying refrigerant conditions and pressures.
3. Explain the defrost cycle for air-to-air heat pumps.
4. Identify and troubleshoot electrical control system components for heat pumps.
5. Identify and troubleshoot refrigeration system components for heat pumps.
6. Identify and describe the different types of heat pumps in relation to their source of heat.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)