May 28, 2020
DMA 070 Rational Express/Equation (1 Credit Hour)
Class Hours: .75
Lab Hours: .50
Clinical/Work Experience Hours: 0
Prerequisites: Take One Set:
Set 1: DMA 010 , DMA 020 , DMA 030 , DMA 040 , DMA 050 and DMA 060
Set 2: DMA 040 , DMA 050 , DMA 060 , and MAT 060
Set 3: DMA 060 , MAT 060 , and MAT 070
Set 4: DMA 010 , DMA 020 , DMA 030 , DMA 060 , and MAT 070
This course provides a study of problems involving algebraic representations of rational equations. Topics include simplifying and performing operations with rational expressions and equations, understanding the domain, and determining the reasonableness of an answer. Upon completion, students should be able to find algebraic solutions to contextual problems with rational applications.
· Represent and solve contextual application problems involving operations on rational expressions and/or equations.
· Explain the reasonableness of solutions found.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate the use of a problem solving strategy to include multiple representations of the situation, organization of the information, and algebraic representation of rational equations.
2. Identify the domain of a rational expression.
3. Multiply and divide rational expressions.
4. Add and subtract rational expressions.
5. Solve basic rational equations.
Add to Portfolio