Javascript is currently not supported, or is disabled by this browser. Please enable Javascript for full functionality.

    Feb 23, 2020  
2017-2018 Gaston College Student Handbook 

Student Records

Change of Name

Students are responsible for notifying the Office of Records and Registration in writing when a change occurs in a student's legal name. Name Change forms are available in the Office of Records and Registration. Name changes must be accompanied by appropriate documentation such as driver's license, Social Security card, etc.

Change of Address

Students may update their address by accessing WebAdvisor or in person.

Change of Major

Students who wish to change their major/program must complete a Change of Major form available in the Counseling Center or Academic Department. The form is routed to the appropriate offices and a new academic advisor is assigned if needed. Students receiving financial aid and veterans benefits who change their major should consult with the Office of Financial Aid or the VA representative.

Enrollment Verifications

Students may obtain an official enrollment verification letter for insurance purposes by accessing WebAdvisor or visiting the Office of Records and Registration. Picture identification is required for in person requests.

Transcript Request

Requests for official transcripts may be made online at - click Student Resources - Records and Registration - Transcript Requests or in WebAdvisor. The Transcript Request Form can be completed in person, mailed to Student Records, or faxed to 704.922.2344 in order to process the request. There is a $7.00 fee for each official transcript. Payment may be made online or by calling the Business Office at 704.922.6414. Student copies of their transcript may be obtained by accessing WebAdvisor. Students requesting transcripts for the GED Program must request online at Students requesting transcripts from the Adult High School and all other Continuing Education programs should call 704.922.6232 or email

Student Schedules

Schedules may be obtained by accessing WebAdvisor.